RSS Attendance Guidelines
1. Take attendance on all students that appear on your class list from day one. If student is
on attendance list, take attendance.
2. The following is the standard we expect from our students at RSS. Teachers are to use
their own professional judgment with respect to excused/unexcused absences.
3. If teachers are seeking admin involvement, please ensure that you have followed all the
required teacher interventions first.
Teacher Interventions (after 6-8 Absences)
• Informal teacher meeting to discuss
concerns and inform grade appropriate
• Teacher interventions to be documented
on the Attendance Concerns Form and
a copy given to the grade level
Admin Interventions (after 6-8 Absences)
• After teacher consultation, a letter from
administrator goes home
• Administrator makes contact with parent
• 2 or 3 day directed suspension at Asher
Road with supporting materials from
teachers to get caught up on missed
Admin Interventions (after 10 Absences)
• Student will be withdrawn from class
• Student illness
• Health appointments
• Observance of religious holiday
• Family emergency
• Personal safety issues
• Principal’s discretion
• School trip/event (sports, etc)
*Parent must contact the office, with a phone call or note, for the absence to be excused.