RSS Attendance Guidelines
1. The following is the standard we expect from our students at RSS.
Teachers are to use their own professional judgment with respect to excused/unexcused absences.
2. Attendance is a legal requirement, and is not intended to be punishment.
3. Teachers take attendance on all students that appear on the class list from the first day that classes commence.
4. If teachers are seeking Admin. involvement, please ensure that you have followed all of the
required teacher interventions first.
Please note that the following steps do not need to happen in sequence - they should be based on the unique circumstances and specific needs of each individual student. At all times, our expectation is that commen sense should prevail in each case.
Teacher Interventions (after 6-8 Absences)
• Informal teacher meeting to discuss
concerns and inform Alpha appropriate
• Teacher interventions to be documented
in MyEd and a copy given to the Alpha appropriate
Admin Interventions (after 6-8 Absences)
• After teacher consultation, a letter from
administrator goes home.
• Administrator makes contact with parent.
• 2 or 3 day In-School suspension
with supporting materials from
teachers to get caught up on missed
Admin Interventions (after 10 Absences)
• Student may be withdrawn from class depending on circumstances.
• Student illness
• Health appointments
• Observance of religious holiday
• Family emergency
• Personal safety issues
• Principal’s discretion
• School trip/event (sports, etc)
*Parent must contact the office, with a phone call or note, for the absence to be excused.